The efforts of our LHWHSPA community have a great impact on all students and staff at the high school. Many of our programs also reach the entire district. Thank you for your support!
Remember, you are part of the Parent Association. We can accomplish great things by working together!
In 2019-20 LHWHSPA Funding Accomplished:
For the School
Hallway frames for Class Photos and Dads’ Club Scholarship winners – with the Dads Club
Grounds Beautification Committee - maintenance of plantings in the PAC lobby and throughout the school
- The LADUE mural (pictured) in the Multipurpose Room was sponsored by the PA in 2018
- Purchase new Marimba for the music program – grant request (with the LEF and Administration)
- Purchase fishing rods and gear for the Fishing Club - grant request
- Funds for menstrual products to be available in all girls’ bathrooms – grant request
- Scholarship Fund - Fundraising at Parents for Scholars, our annual event in February. Scholarships totaling $20,000 awarded at Senior Awards Night in April. We have raised over $231,000 in the past nine years! Award recipients are chosen by LHWHS faculty and administration.
- Graduation Celebration - Raffle prizes for the class of 2020. Volunteers planned, replanned and planned again the graduation party but in the end it was cancelled due to Covid however the raffle was able to be held. Parents generously donated over $5,000.
- Post Prom Party – Although the 2020 party was cancelled due to the pandemic, Junior class parents generously donated over $4000 which will be rolled over to the After Grad party for the Class of 2021.
- Hot dogs, cookies, lemonade at Blue White Night/Bonfire
- Purchase of spirit items – rally towels, mini pom poms for cheering sports teams
- Activities Support – Ladue Dance Marathon, Homecoming Bonfire and Pep Rally
For Faculty and Staff
- Over $1,100 in direct parent donations to our annual Faculty Grant Program
- Quarterly Staff Appreciation Breakfasts for our amazing teachers and staff
- Conference dinners for teachers, both spring and fall conferences
- Welcome back to school snacks for teachers
- Administrative Professionals Day luncheon for LHWHS Administrative Assistants (gift cards given in 2020 due to the pandemic)
- Gift cards for staff on Librarian/Custodian/School Counselor/etc. Days
- Parent Education – What Freshman parents need to know
- Parent Education – Lunchtime: College Trends 2020
- Parent Education – Supporting Our Kids Through Covid-19
- Publication of the “Fresh Start” Handbook for freshmen and new families
- Welcome refreshments for incoming freshmen and new to Ladue families
- Refreshments at all College & Career Office meetings throughout the year
- Parent coffee in the fall
- Weekly emails to parents with updates and reminders on all things Ladue!
- Publication of Rambell phone directory
For the district
- Chili Supper - Co-sponsorship with the Character Education Committee and Dads Club
- Support of the Ladue Education Foundation
Please help us keep these good things happening!
The Parent Association has been granted not-for-profit status as a public charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Accordingly, contributions made to the LHWSHPA are deductible for federal income tax purposes as allowed by law, and eligible for most corporate matching gifts.